Canadian Mining Journal


Diamonds


  • News

    DIAMONDS: Arctic Star gets to work at Diagras property

    March 25, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Arctic Star Exploration of Vancouver has begun this year’s exploration program at the 40% owned Diagras joint venture diamond property near Lac des Gras. Margaret Lake Diamonds holds the remaining 60% and is the project operator. The

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Mountain Province begins Kennady North winter drilling

    February 27, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Toronto-based Mountain Province Diamonds has begun the winter exploration program at its 100% owned Kennady North project. The property is adjacent to the Gahcho Kue diamond mine, a joint venture of De Beers Canada (51%) and Mountain

  • News

    DIAMONDS: De Beers consolidates Canadian, South African assets

    February 25, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    CALGARY and JOHANNESBURG – De Beers Group has decided to merge its mining assets in Canada and South Africa under the name De Beers Group Managed Operations. The change is expected to create a more sustainable business and to streamline

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Diamond prices sliding – report

    February 6, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    NEW YORK – A report made public Feb. 5 by Rapaport reveals that polished diamond prices softened in January, with 1-carat stones falling by 0.4% last month and 1.8% compared to January 2018, while 3-carat gems fell by 1.8% last

  • News

    Don’t give up on the diamond industry just yet

    February 4, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    If diamond miner equities are a proxy, the sentiment surrounding the diamond industry is now at historically low levels. Just in the last two years, a basket of diamond producer stocks was down 28.9% in 2018, following a decline of

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Lucara recovers 240-ct gem from Karowe

    January 28, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BOTSWANA – Earlier this month, Lucara Diamond Corp. recovered a 127-carat top white diamond from its Karowe mine. And the good new just keeps coming. This time the company has recovered a 240-carat top white gem from the same mine.

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Rio Tinto testing Star’s Orion South kimberlite

    January 24, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    SASKATCHEWAN – The Star-Orion South diamond project 60 km east of Prince Albert is moving toward the bulk sampling stage. Owner Star Diamond Corp. says that Rio Tinto Exploration Canada – holder of an option to earn a 60% interest

  • DIAMONDS: Alrosa names female exec to lead US business

    January 22, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    NEW YORK – Following the reopening of its offices in New York last year and the announcement of growing sales in the US, Alrosa decided to recruit an experienced female executive to lead operations in American territory. Rebecca Foerster, former VP of

  • SOCIAL LICENCE: CIPS proposes co-operation with Star-Orion development

    January 14, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    SASKATCHEWAN – The Coalition of Indigenous Peoples of Saskatchewan (CIPS) has proposed a protocol of understanding and co-operation covering the Star-Orion South diamond project. The property is located 60 km east of Prince Albert and is 100% owned by Star

  • GOLD-SILVER: Benchmark extends Phoenix zone in BC’s Golden Triangle

    January 14, 2019 by Northern Miner Staff

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Benchmark Metals has expanded the Phoenix zone at its Lawyers gold-silver project in the province’s Golden Triangle after intersecting gold and silver mineralization in step out drilling grading as high as 11 g/t gold and 819 g/t silver

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Lucara unearths 127-ct top white stone at Karowe

    January 10, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BOTSWANA – Vancouver-based Lucara Diamond Corp. has recovered a 127-carat, top white gem diamond at its Karowe mine in the Orapa-Letlhakane district. The mine also produced the 1,109-carat Lesdi la Rona and the 813-carat Constellation, which sold for a record

  • Feature

    Stornoway’s ore sorting success

    January 1, 2019 by Alisha Hiyate

    First diamond mine to use the technology shares its results