Canadian Mining Journal


  • News

    DIAMONDS: Interstellar gems from lost planet land in Nubian Desert

    April 18, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    SUDAN – The landing of a small meteorite containing tiny diamonds that landed in the Nubian Desert is, according to scientists, compelling evidence of a mysterious planet that disappeared from the solar system. The original asteroid, dubbed Almahata Sitta, was

  • DIAMONDS: Court approves merger of Kennady, Mountain Province

    April 12, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Kennady Diamonds and Mountain Province Diamonds have received final approval from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) for their business combination. The deal was scheduled to close on April 13, 2018. The arrangement calls for a

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Drill results from Southwest corridor at Gahcho Kue

    April 11, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Mountain Province Diamonds of Toronto has relayed the full drilling results from the Southwest corridor at the Gahcho Kue mine near Lac de Gras. The mine is a joint venture of Mountain Province (49%) and De Beers

  • News

    DIAMONDS: De Beers looking to get in on Kennady action

    March 19, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Mountain Province Diamonds and its joint venture partner at the Gahcho Kue diamond mine, De Beers Canada, have signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding that covers properties owned by Kennady Diamonds with the goal of rolling them into

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Update on Kennady North drill program

    March 7, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Toronto-based Kennady Diamonds has a winter drilling program underway at the Kennady North diamond project near Lac des Gras. The company is collecting data to complete a pre-feasibility study and open pit design work. Results from two

  • News

    Peregrine Diamonds boosts resource at Chidliak

    February 22, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    A resource update has brought the combined inferred resource of just two of seventy-four known kimberlites to 22 million carats at Peregrine Diamonds‘ (TSX: PGD) Chidliak project in the Canadian Arctic. “This result absolutely has positioned Chidliak in the Canadian development

  • NAME CHANGE: Shore Gold becomes Star Diamond Corp.

    February 12, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    SASKATOON – Star Diamond Corporation is the new name for Shore Gold. The change has been made to honour the Star kimberlite located near Fort a la Crone. Star Diamond has completed the exploration and evaluation of the Star kimberlite,

  • News

    DIAMONDS: Kennady launches grassroots winter 2018 drilling

    February 5, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Kennady Diamonds of Toronto has a 10,500-metre winter drilling program underway with 60% of the activity allocated to testing high priority grassroots targets. The remaining 40% of the drill program is targeted on the Faraday kimberlites. Field

  • DIAMONDS: Mountain Province makes friendly bid for Kennady

    January 29, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Mountain Province Diamonds and Kennady Diamonds have entered into a friendly and definitive agreement whereby Mountain Province will acquire all the issued and outstanding shares of Kennady. The latter was spun out of Mountain Province in 2012. Kennady

  • News

    TNM Editorial: US gov’t slaps sanctions on Israeli mogul Dan Gertler

    January 22, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    On Dec. 20, U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order under the year-old Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act and related acts to block the property of 13 “malign actors,” plus 39 affiliated individuals and entities accused of “serious

  • News

    AWARD: NWT government wins Diamonds Do Good prize

    January 17, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    LAS VEGAS – The Diamond Empowerment Fund (DEF) has announced the recipients of its 2018 Diamonds Do Good awards to be presented at its annual gala on Jan. 31 at the Four Seasons Ballroom. The government of the Northwest Territories

  • DIAMONDS: Mountain Province prices new $330M secured notes to repay construction loans

    December 4, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Mountain Province Diamonds, 49% owner of the Gahcho Kue diamond mine in the Northwest Territories, is offering US$330 million in senior second lien notes due Dec. 15, 2022. The proceeds, plus cash on hand, will allow the company