Canadian Mining Journal


Zinc and Lead


  • News

    SILVER-ZINC-LEAD: Bayhorse team to test Brandywine VMS property

    August 22, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Bayhorse Silver of Vancouver has sent a team of geologists to examine its Brandywine precious metals-rich volcanogenic massive sulphide property 14 km south of Whistler. Of particular interest is the partially mined Tedi zone. The zone is

  • ENVIRONMENT: Federal government pledges $2.2B for mine cleanup in North

    August 20, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    YELLOWKNIFE, NWT – The federal government has announced it will invest $2.2 billion over the next 15 years for the cleanup of various mine sites in the Yukon and Northwest Territories. The announcement was made by the Hon. Carolyn Bennett,

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Rockridge calculates first resource estimate for Knife Lake

    August 14, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    SASKATCHEWAN – Vancouver-based Rockridge Resources has announced the initial 43-101 resource estimate for its Knife Lake copper-zinc project 50 km northwest of Sandy Bay. Rockridge has optioned the property from Eagle Plains Resources and can earn a 100% interest. The

  • News

    ZINC-LEAD: NorZinc receives draft road permits for Prairie Creek project

    August 13, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – NorZinc of Vancouver has received the draft permits for an all-season road to its Prairie Creek zinc-lead project 200 km west of Fort Simpson. The permits were issued by the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board.Preview (opens

  • News

    COPPER-GOLD: Sun Metals expands 421 zone at Stardust

    August 13, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Recent drilling at Sun Metals’ Stardust project in north-central B.C. confirms the continuity and strength of mineralization at the project’s 421 zone, the company says. The junior reported intervals of up to 58 metres grading 2.49% copper,

  • News

    ZINC-LEAD: Osisko notes excellent flotation tests of samples from Pine Point

    August 7, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Montreal-based Osisko Metals has the results of flotation tests on material from its Pine Point zinc-lead project 65 km east of Hay River. The tests were performed on drill core samples from the 2018-19 campaign that were

  • News

    ZINC-COPPER: Constantine’s underground exploration plan at Palmer green-lighted

    August 1, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    ALASKA – Constantine Metal Resources announced that the Constantine Mining LLC joint venture, of which the company owns a 51% interest and Dowa Metals and Mining the remaining 49%, has received government approval to proceed with an underground exploration plan

  • News

    Deposits that host the world’s base metals

    July 31, 2019 by Lesley Stokes

    The earth has many unique ways of stripping base metals from its crust and concentrating them into deposits. Over the course of civilization, humans have uncovered seven main types: sediment-hosted copper-cobalt; magmatic nickel-copper-platinum group metal; volcanogenic massive sulphide; porphyry; mississippi

  • BASE METALS-COAL: Teck Q2 revenue up, profit shrinks

    July 25, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    VANCOUVER – Teck Resources has released its unaudited numbers for Q2 2019, and they show small gains in revenues, but  steep drops in EBITDA. For the second quarter this year, the company recorded revenues of $3.1 billion, up 4% from

  • News

    ENVIRONMENT: BHP to invest $400M to slow climate change

    July 23, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    AUSTRALIA – Melbourne-based BHP Group has announced a five year, US$400-million program to develop technologies to fight climate change at its own operations as well as those generated from the use of its resources. BHP has pledged to establish new

  • News

    Top 10 Canadian base metal explorers and developers

    July 23, 2019 by Leslie Stokes

    The Northern Miner used the IntelligenceMine database of our sister company Infomine to determine the top-10 largest base metal companies headquartered in Canada that have non-producing assets. The list is ranked by market capitalization. Continue reading at The Northern Miner.

  • News

    Rockcliff gears up to drill in Snow Lake

    July 22, 2019 by Stan Sudol

    At the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention in Toronto in March 2018, Rockcliff Metals (CSE: RCLF) was a struggling junior with a large land package in the lesser known but geologically rich Flin Flon-Snow Lake (FF-SL) greenstone belt, with