Canadian Mining Journal


Vanstar Mining Resources Inc


  • News

    MINING PEOPLE: BHP, Canadian Goldcamps, First Cobalt, Teck, Treasury, Zanzibar

    August 20, 2020 by Magda Gardner

    Management appointments announced this week include: BHP has announced changes to its executive leadership team: these include the appointment of Ragnar Udd to the president of Minerals Americas role, effective Nov. 1. Udd is currently BHP’s acting chief technology officer. Grant

  • News

    GOLD: Iamgold steps out Monster Lake zones at Quebec JV

    August 13, 2020 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Iamgold has reported the results of six drill holes completed at its 75% owned Monster Lake joint venture project, which is located 50 km southwest of Chibougamau. These latest holes were drilled to the northeast and along strike

  • News

    GOLD: Iamgold sees potential to extend Nelligan footprint

    June 18, 2020 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Drill results from Iamgold’s 75%-owned Nelligan joint venture project suggest potential for a western extension of the existing resource and confirm the data in the existing resource model. In its most recent release, the company has reported assays

  • News

    GOLD: Genesis drills 19.7 metres of 1.36 g/t gold at Chevrier in Quebec

    June 2, 2020 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Genesis Metals has released assay results for four holes completed at its 290-sq.-km Chevrier gold project near Chibougamau. The drill highlights include 19.7 metres of 1.36 g/t gold starting at 74.6 metres, 7.4 metres of 1.79 g/t gold

  • News

    GOLD: Iamgold grows interest in Nelligan project

    December 12, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    QUEBEC – Canada’s Iamgold increased its undivided interest in the Nelligan joint venture project by a further 24% to now hold an aggregate undivided interest of 75% in the property. To do so, the miner completed a mineral resource estimate and delivered

  • News

    AWARD: AEMQ gives nod to Iamgold’s Nelligan discovery

    October 28, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Iamgold Corp. of Toronto has won the award for Discovery of the Year by the Association de l’Exploration Miniere du Quebec for its Nelligan gold project. The presentation was made at AMEC’s meeting on Oct. 23, 2019, in

  • News

    GOLD: Iamgold reports initial 3.2M-oz inferred resource at Nelligan project

    October 22, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Iamgold Corp. of Toronto reports the first resources numbers – with 3.2 million oz. of gold – at its Nelligan joint venture project 60 km southwest of Chibougamau. The project is owned 51% and operated by Iamgold, and

  • News

    GOLD: Iamgold reports assays from Nelligan project

    August 13, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Toronto-based Iamgold Corp. has announced the remaining assays from the Nelligan joint venture gold project 60 km south of Chibougamau. The project is owned and operated 51% by Iamgold, and the remaining 49% belongs to Vanstar Mining Resources.

  • News

    GOLD: Headlines and highlights

    March 16, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    Sometimes the number of gold stories reaching my inbox makes me wonder if it is the only game in town. Well, it is certainly the most popular. Here are some headlines and highlights from recent news about gold. Atlantic Gold

  • News

    MINING PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: AuRo Resources, Canada Lithium, Finning, Mine Radio Systems, and Vanstar

    June 4, 2012 by Canadian Mining Journal Editor

    AuRo Resources of Vancouver has named John Buckle as president, COO and a director, promotion from his previous position as VP exploration. He has been president of the Canadian Exploration Geophysical Society, and president of the Association…

  • News

    PERSPECTIVE: Bonanza gold grades at Upper Canada, Monster Lake

    April 11, 2012 by Canadian Mining Journal Editor

    Like most CMJ readers, I get a shiver up my spine at the thought of bonanza gold grades. So it was with excitement I read that Toronto’s Queenston Mining (Queenston.ca) had intersected 42.4 g/t Au at its Upper Canada property in Kirkland…

  • News

    MINING PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: Andina, ICMI, Ridgemont Iron Ore, Seprotech and Vanstar

    November 8, 2011 by Canadian Mining Journal Editor

    Toronto’s Andina Minerals has named W. Robert (Bob) Rose its new COO, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Previously employed by Kappes, Cassiday & Associates, he was the project manager who took Andina’s Volcan gold project through feasibility.