- This event has passed.
SME 5th Annual Current Trends in Mining Finance
April 30, 2017 - May 3, 2017US$600
Space is limited. The New York Section of SME, Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, is organizing the 5th annual Current Trends in Mining Finance.
Intended for senior executives and mining industry specialists, bankers, financial analysts, investors, portfolio managers, and engineers, the conference, dinner, four workshops, and receptions will bring experts from around the world together to discuss trends and a range of topics, solutions, risks and where opportunities are.
Panel topics include:
- Capital Markets Review and Key Trends in Mining
- Bankers’ View of Capital Markets and Mine Financings
- Metals and Minerals Markets: What’s Hot? What’s Not? Why?
- Analysts’ View of Precious Metals, Other Minerals and Uranium
- Managing Price Risk in Mining Projects and Finance
- Keynote Speaker Luncheon: Government of Québec
- What are Trends and Issues in Mining M&A?
- Restructuring Mining Companies: A Second Chance For Success
- Why Some Mining Projects Succeed and Why Some Fail
- How Mining Companies Are Raising Capital Today
- What Is and Who Provides Alternative Sources of Capital?
- Mineral and Mining Valuation and Costs
- Best Practices Re Mineral Reserves and Resources
- Mining Regulations and Law
- Keynote Speaker Luncheon: To Be Announced
- Successful Use of Technology and Smart Data in Mining – Part One
- Successful Use of Technology and Smart Data in Mining – Part Two
- Case Study: Engaging Stakeholders For Success – Breakout Session
- Case Study: Resolving Community Water Risks of Mining – Breakout Session
- Managing Mining Project Execution
- How to Prosper in this Market
The format encourages networking and discussion one on one with many experts about trends and issues that affect mining and project finance, investment, raising capital, and project management, smart use of data and technology to manage and reduce project costs and risks. You can register to attend the dinner, conference and any of these four workshops
- Evaluating Reliability of Resources Estimates: What a Banker, Analyst and Investor Should Know
- The Global Battery Supply Chain and Energy Storage: the 21st Century’s New Oil by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
- Where Do Things Go Wrong in Mining Project Development? Red Flags to Watch Out For and Mitigants by RPA Roscoe Postle Associates and Shearman & Sterling, and
- The Importance of Hedging for Developers and Miners in a Volatile Price Environment by Noah’s Rule.
To the evening receptions on Monday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 2, 2017, we again will invite bankers, analysts, private equity, and portfolio managers for all to meet and network. The receptions were very successful at the 2016 event.
Space is limited. Register by March 31 for discounts.