- This event has passed.
The Emerging Cycle: Risk Mitigation & Opportunities
October 25, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
CIM’s (Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum) Management & Economics Society and the Toronto Branch are pleased to present the following event as part of its Professional Development Series:
The Emerging Cycle: Risk Mitigation & Opportunities on Oct. 25, 2018
WHERE: Ernst & Young LLP, 100 Adelaide Street West, 31st Floor, Toronto
Topics that will be discussed at Rocks & Stocks 2018 are:
- Transforming Risk into Opportunity – Janice Zinck, CIM President and Natural Resources Canada‘s Director, Mineral and Metallurgical Processing; Green Mining Research
- Trends and Innovation in Mining Finance – David Shaver, CIBC’s Managing Director, Mining Investment Banking
- Spreading the Risk: JVs, Strategic Partners, Smaller Projects – Mohit Hasija, EY’s Vice President, Valuation and Business Modelling
- Social Risk Management an Opportunity for Mining – Monica Ospina, O’trade Founder and Director
- Path to Project Permitting – Louise Grondin, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.’s Senior Vice President, Environment, Sustainable Development and People
- 1st to 3rd World Each has their Geopolitical Challenges – Cashel Meagher, Hudbay Minerals Inc.
- The Talent Crunch is Here–We Need a New People Equation – Pamela Hackett, Proudfoot’s CEO
- Recovering ROI through Innovation – Douglas Morrison, Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI)’s President & CEO
- Why the Future is Ours to Uncover – Ayelet Baron, Chief Purpose Officer, Genius 100 Visions. Inspired by Einstein. Award winning author. Reformed tech exec.
Full event details can be found here: https://www.cimmes.org/blog/event/toronto-rocks-stocks-2018/?instance_id=519