|Dates||February 13 2013|
|City||Perth, WA, Australia|
|Contact Name||Shannon Aitken|
|Local Phone||+61 8 9211 8674 |
|Fax||+61 8 9322 2576|
|Main Body||This 1-day course will take you through the drill and blast process in open pits. It explains the mechanics of drill |
and blast, with a focus on the fundamental importance of effective blasting for mine economics. Examples are
given of good and bad practice.
You will learn about:
• Explosive and rock breaking theory - The mechanisms of rock breakage in relation to blasting
• Key geological features that affect blasting outcomes and correct explosive selection
• Commercial initiation systems and the importance of timing in good blast design
• Open pit blast design fundamentals
• The importance of field application of blast design, including explosive energy and timing design for specific
• Controlling over break and smooth wall blasting techniques
• Understanding the causes of flyrock, ground vibration and air blast
• Safe blasting practices and “Mine to mill” blasting for best practice
Please note: You are welcome to bring examples of issues you are facing on-site for group discussion
and potential solution.
|Fees||Special Discount Offers: |
PLEASE NOTE - SPECIAL DISCOUNTS OFF REGISTRATION FEE:
A 10% discount is offered to members of the professional associations listed on the registration form.
PLUS A 5% discount is offered if 2 or more delegates, from the same company, register on a course, or if 1 delegate books on more
than one course.
PLUS A 5% discount is offered if paying by credit card
The course fee includes a comprehensive course reference manual, refreshments and lunch.
|Additional Info||CONTACT AND REGISTRATION |
For more information on Snowden’s Training and Mentoring programmes, please contact:
Diana Titren, Training Division Manager Tel: +61 8 9211 8670 Email email@example.com
Please complete the following form and either fax it or email it to Shannon Aitken, Training Coordinator
Fax +61 8 9322 2576 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.snowdengroup.com for more information about our training courses