Canadian Mining Journal

News

COPPER-ZINC: Noront updates drilling at McFaulds No.8 VMS discovery



Cross-section (left) looking southwest, and long section (right) looking southeast of modeled McFaulds No.8 deposit showing current interpretation of the massive sulphide domain (red) and the stockwork sulphide domain (yellow). (Image: Noront Resources)

Cross-section (left) looking southwest, and long section (right) looking southeast of modeled McFaulds No.8 deposit showing current interpretation of the massive sulphide domain (red) and the stockwork sulphide domain (yellow). (Image: Noront Resources)

Cross-section (left) looking southwest, and long section (right) looking southeast of modeled McFaulds No.8 deposit showing current interpretation of the massive sulphide domain (red) and the stockwork sulphide domain (yellow). (Image: Noront Resources)

ONTARIO – Toronto-based Noront Resources has updated its phase two summer exploration program at the McFaulds volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit in the Ring of Fire. The project is 85% owned and operated by Noront, and the remaining 15% belongs to KWG Resources.

The best result came from hole MCF-19-103 that returned 10.1 metres grading 3.3% copper, 6.5 g/t silver, 0.2 g/t gold, and no significant zinc values. This hole was drilled 215 metres down dip from last year’s MCF-18-98 that represented the largest step out intersection at the deposit to date.

“We believe we are now into the copper-rich stockwork zone of this VMS deposit based on the banded form and copper-rich nature of this intersection, the intensity and width of hydrothermal alteration, and the marked change in orientation and stratigraphic position of the mineralization in MCF-19-103 compared with holes further up dip,” said Noront VP exploration Ryan Weston.

Noront hopes to establish large enough copper-zinc resources in multiple high grade VMS deposits to support a central milling operation.

More information about the McFaulds VMS properties is posted at www.NorontResources.com.