There is as much as $1 million for the 2019 winner(s) of the #DisruptMining event. (Image: Goldcorp)
VANCOUVER – The #DisruptMining innovation competition is returning to the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada conference for the third year. The “shark tank” style, live finale event will be presented on Sunday, March 3, 2019 in Toronto.
Goldcorp and presenting sponsor KPMG will co-host the event at the Rebel Entertainment Complex. The winning disruptor or disruptors will earn the opportunity to negotiate an investment from Goldcorp up to $1 million. Net proceeds from the finale will support innovation focused scholarships and community building initiatives.
Ideas may be submitted in six categories:
- Mining Transformation: Operate and manage mines with increased productivity.
- Metallurgy Transformation: Decrease the mass, energy, water and chemical intensity required in metallurgical processes.
- Sustainability Transformation: Move Towards Zero Water and sustainable energy usage.
- Digital Transformation: Create digital intelligence with new applications and integrated interfaces.
- Geology Transformation: Improve mineral mapping and measurement.
- Go Rogue: An idea so out-of-the-box it deserves its own category.
Spark your imagination with the #DisruptMining launch video.
The deadline for submissions is Nov. 5, 2018.
For more information and to review full submission details, please visit www.DisruptMining.com.