Boart Longyear’s LG350e coring rig and Freedom loader combination is a truly hands-free rod handling unit.
SALT LAKE CITY – Boart Longyear is bringing its newest drilling products and services to the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada annual trade show from March 5 to 7, 2018, in Toronto.
This year’s showcase includes:
- TruScan Innovative Core Scanning Technology: Capture and access accurate, real-time geological data at the exploration site as the core is drilled. Utilizing innovative XRF technology specifically built to scan rock, Boart Longyear’s Drilling Services uses TruScan to provide geologists with non-destructive, accurate, high-density elemental concentration data for same day continuous analysis of the drill core.
- Health and Safety Training: On Sat., March 3, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Brian Maeck, Boart Longyear’s global director environment, health and safety, will be amongst the experts presenting at this year’s session on health and safety in mineral exploration. Participants will gain a better understanding of how to assess the risks and incorporate action plans to keep safety top of mind and minimize incidents. (Advance registration required.)
- Drilling Services: Boart Longyear drilling services professionals will be on hand at PDAC to answer questions about the company’s range of drilling service expertise, capabilities and fleet of equipment.
- XQ Drill Rods: The XQ rod features an innovative self-aligning thread start geometry, ensuring mating threads engage smoothly, without wedging or jamming. Smooth starting, in combination with case hardening, significantly improves productivity and wear life.
- Longyear Bits: An innovative and versatile new line of diamond coring bits. Using novel metallurgy, Boart Longyear has successfully created a chemical bond between diamond and matrix, which is stronger than the diamond itself. These bits are engineered to drill faster, last longer, and outperform existing bit technology for increased productivity throughout the entire operation, and ultimately more core.
Plan to visit Boart Longyear at Booth 101. In the meantime, visit www.BoartLongyear.com/join-us-at-PDAC.