Operators of Sandvik xSeries drills enjoy swivelling seats, simple controls, and improved visibility.
STOCKHOLM – The Sandvik xSeries family is built upon the proven design, and legendary reliability of our diesel powered rotary blast hole drills and features added intelligence and improved operator ergonomics, providing operators with the right balance of reliability and technology to drill the drill the perfect hole safely.
Easy to learn, operate and service the xSeries offers a migration path to the iSeries should the customer’s business needs dictate.
Additional highlights of the xSeries include:
- Touch screen GUI interface featuring the Sandvik automation module (SAM) offering the following options.
- Health monitoring system – replaces old style shutdown switches and enables continuous, real-time measurement, allowing the operator to take the necessary actions in advance of any alarm situation.
- Same hardware and software components as our i-Series machine including a 175-mm mobile grade rugged touch screen and latest generation PLC.
- Improved user experience – enhanced control system features (as found with our i-Series machines) reduce troubleshooting time and increase availability. Familiar Sandvik “look and feel” graphical user interface reduces the learning curve.
- CMS (compressor management system) Lite electronic controlled compressor system.
- Oversize driller’s window offers a superb view of the drill table during operation and improved visibility during tramming.
- Bolt-on mast locks eliminate cutting and welding, making mast change-outs easy.
- Swivel enabled operators seat with integrated electrohydraulic controls simplifies operation and offers improved visibility of operating environment.
“For decades, customers have counted on Sandvik to develop the most durable products in the market – rigs that will be able to work at a mine site for decades,” said Jacques Britz, VP, surface pedestal drills, Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology. “In developing the xSeries, we’ve taken our customers’ feedback into our research and development efforts and are proud of the newest addition to our product line.”
For more information, contact: Rob Ewanow, product marketing manager Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, tel +1 (386) 418-7728, e-mail: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org.