QUEBEC – Alexandria Minerals of Toronto has results from nine step-out holes at its winter-spring drilling program of the Orenada zone 4 in Val d’Or. These are the first holes to test the area west of the open pit at this zone. They have extended the length of the near surface vein system to 1,100 metres.
Cross-section of recent drill results at the Orenada deposit through zone 4. (Credit: Alexandria Minerals)
Here are some of the highlights of the recent program:
- Hole OAX-17-109 assayed 375.00 g/t gold over 0.45 metre at about 245 metres below surface.
- Hole OAX-17-103 returned 8.91 g/t gold over 0.80 metre.
- Hole OAX-17-118 tested 7.87 g/t gold over 1.0 metre, 4.52 g/t over 1.0 metre, and 6.89 g/t over 0.55 metre.
- Above 40 metres, hole OAX-17-120 returned 1.10 g/t gold over 42.15 metres including 3.76 g/t over 1.15 metre, and in another intersection, 5.50 g/t over 0.95 metre.
- From 95 to 140 metres, hole OAX-17-120 also returned 0.90 g/t gold over 45.50 metres including 4.17 g/t over 3.20 metres.
Alexandria has three rigs working on a 30,000-metre drill program at Orenada. From surface to 200 metres using a 0.50 g/t cut-off, the deposit is thought to contain 7.3 million tonnes averaging 1.29 g/t gold and containing 300,000 oz.
Additional information about the Orenada project are available at www.AZX.ca.