The prospective corridor at the Eleonore South joint venture. (Image: Azimut Exploration)
QUEBEC – Azimut Exploration of Longueuil, Que., has released the results of the 18 drill holes, about half the 8,000-metre program at the Eleonore South project.
Most of the gold-bearing intersections have been found within or near wide, gold-bearing mineralized envelopes, and many drill cores contain high grade intersections. These notably include:
- hole ES17-74 with 0.45 g/t gold over 87.9 metres;
- hole ES17-75 with 0.49 g/t over 63.0 metres;
- hole ES17-77 with 0.53 g/t over 106.0 metres including 23.1 g/t over 1.5 metre and 11.7 g/t over 1.5 metre);
- hole ES17-80 with 0.65 g/t over 147.5 metres including 22.9 g/t over 1.5 metre);
- hole ES17-85 with 22.4 g/t over 1.2 metre;
- hole ES17-87 with 0.49 g/t over 76.5 metres;
- hole ES17-88 with 1.53 g/t over 6.0 metres (including 13.5 g/t over 3.0 metres and 19.3 g/t over 1.5 metres);
- hole ES17-89 with 0.57 g/g over 19.5 metres;
- hole ES17-90 with 0.49 g/t over 123.5 metres (including 12.35 g/t over 1.5 metre);
- and hole ES17-91 with 0.61 g/t over 15.0 metres.
Three tonalite-hosted zones of mineralization are being tested. Drilling will resume this winter with 3,600 metres to be bored to complete the program begun this summer.
Azimut is the operator and 26.7% owner of Eleonore South; the balance of the joint venture is owned 36.7% each by Eastmain Resources and 36.7% by a subsidiary of Goldcorp.
Details of the latest assays are posted at www.Azimut-Exploration.com in the news release dated Dec. 12,. 2017.