Canadian Mining Journal

News

GOLD EXPLORATION NEWS $2.7 Million Earmarked for Meliadine West Drilling

RANKIN INLET, Nunavut WMC INTERNATIONAL has approved a $2.7-million work program at the Meliadine West property f...


RANKIN INLET, Nunavut WMC INTERNATIONAL has approved a $2.7-million work program at the Meliadine West property for the remainder of the year. The program includes 4,700 m of infill drilling on the Tiriganiaq zone in an attempt to upgrade specific areas of the deposit from inferred resources to drill-indicated resources. Regional exploration for both gold and diamonds on the claims will also be conducted.

The Meliadine deposit is the largest undeveloped gold deposit in Canada. WMC holds 56% of the project and is the operator. COMAPLEX MINERALS and CUMBERLAND RESOURCES share equally in the remaining 44%. This year’s exploration program will be carried out by GeoVector Management. Assuming the Kivalliq Inuit Association approves the plans, field work will begin in the third week of July.

An overview of the Meliadine project is available at www.comaplex.com or contact Comaplex VP of exploration, Mark Balog, at 403-265-2846.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*