Locations of the Spades zone (lower), Hearts (left), Clubs (top) and Diamonds (right) zones at the 3 Aces project. Credit: Golden Predator Mining.
YUKON – Golden Predator Mining of Vancouver is reaping the rewards of its increased drilling program at the 3 Aces property in the southeast part of the territory. Assays from step-out holes along strike have returned the highest ever grades from the Spades zone.
Significant results from Ace of Spades veins include the following:
- Hole 3A17-098 intersected 39.63 metres of 13.26 g/t gold from a depth of 9.14 metres, including 13.71 m of 35.78 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A17-099 intersected 14.48 metres of 15.32 g/t gold from a depth of 8.38 metres, including 4.57 metres of 46.76 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A17-111 intersected 3.05 metres of 8.12 g/t gold from a depth 16.76 metres, including 1.52 metres of 14.0 g/t gold;
- Hole 3A17-110 intersected 5.33 metres of 4.0 g/t gold from a depth of 159.26 metres, including 0.76 metres of 22.20 g/t gold; and
- Hole 3A17-090 intersected 1.52 metres of 12.66 g/t gold from a depth of 38.10 metres.
Golden Predator says the gold mineralization in the Spades zone is hosted in quartz veining developed along an intensely sheared phyllite-sandstone contact. Gold-bearing quartz veins associated with arsenopyrite are present in the sheared phyllite hanging wall, at the contact and extend into the sandstone as well developed quartz-arsenopyrite stockwork veining.
Read the entire May 30 news release with more details of the winter drilling program at www.GoldenPredator.com.