Canadian Mining Journal

News

GOLD RESOURCE: Former mine at Pickle Crow still contains over 1-M oz

ONTARIO - PC Gold of Ottawa says the former Pickle Crow mine property still contains 1.26 million oz of gold, according to the latest 43-101 study. This is an inferred resource totalling 10.15 million tonnes averaging 3.9 g/t, 90% of which is...



ONTARIO – PC Gold of Ottawa says the former Pickle Crow mine property still contains 1.26 million oz of gold, according to the latest 43-101 study. This is an inferred resource totalling 10.15 million tonnes averaging 3.9 g/t, 90% of which is mineable from underground. The remaining 10% could be recovered using open pit methods.

The Pickle Crow mine has three shafts Nos.1, 3 and Albany) as well as two winzes and 40 km of lateral development. Dewatering and reconditioning the workings would allow access to all the resources outlined in the recent study. Visit www.YouTube.com/watch?v=YRtBY26PXy8 to watch an animated video and rotating 3-D model of the Pickle Crow project.

Today’s high gold price and modern mining techniques allow for the potential economic extraction of what were formerly considered “moderate and low grade” resources, along with the remaining high grade resources, says PC Gold (www.PCGold.ca).  The company plans to complete a preliminary economic assessment and apply for advanced exploration permits.