ONTARIO – Richmont Mines of Toronto continues its strategic exploration drilling program at the Island Gold mine 80 km east of Wawa, and the best recent assay was 19.85 g/t gold over 8.4 metres (true width). The hole was located in the down plunge extension of the Main deposit.
The Island Gold mine near Wawa, Ont. (Credit: Richmont Mines)
Three new intercepts from the deep directional drill program confirm that the down plunge of the Main deposit remains open to a minimum depth of 1,350 metres. The significant intersections follow:
- Hole MH8-4 intersected 19.85 g/t gold over 8.4 metres approximately 1,300 metres below surface. It also includes 71.76 g/t over 0.5 metre, 141.43 g/t over 0.59 metre and 318.28 g/t over 0.25 metre.
- Hole MH2A-12 intersected 11.67 g/t gold over 9.42 metres, including 548.1 g/t over 0.24 metre.
- Hole MH2A-13 intersected 8.86 g/t gold over 6.39 metres at a depth of 1,350 metres.
Two other holes in undefined zones also returned high grades. Hole MH1-11 assayed 20.78 g/t gold over 1.28 metre, and hole MH7 tested 17.85 g/t gold over 1.68 metre.
The expansion case PEA program is in a fourth mining horizon between the 860 and 1,000 metre levels. Even capped at 225 g/t, the results are more than encouraging:
- Hole 860-511-03: 37.09 g/t gold over 4.98 metres
- Hole 860-511-07: 51.02 g/t gold over 3.54 metres
- Hole 860-517-07: 52.09 g/t gold over 4.99 metres
- Hole 860-517-08: 45.20 g/t gold over 3.27 metres
- Hole 740-465-40: 31.80 g/t gold over 1.92 metres
Richmont is also conducting infill and exploration drilling in the eastern lateral extension located 300 metres east of the expansion case PEA area. This is where hole GD-640-05 intersected 20.57 g/t gold over 11.3 metres. The latest results have very high grades albeit over much shorter lengths.
Read about all the drilling success at the Island Gold mine at www.Richmont-Mines.com.