A representation of the Hope Bay gold project. (Credit: TMAC Resources)
NUNAVUT – Having recently declared commercial production from the Doris deposit at its Hope Bay gold project in the Kitikmeot region, TMAC Resources of Toronto turned its attention to the Boston deposit. The initial drilling program was designed to extend the wide, high grade trends within the current resource model, and it has done so.
These are the highlights from the Boston B2 holes:
- Hole TMB0001 returned 15.3 g/t over 22.3 metres – including 36.6 g/t over 4.5 metres – 18.9 g/t over 6.3 metres and 20.6 g/t over 2.6 metres.
- Hole TMB0003 returned 17.3 g/t gold over 2.1 metres; and
- Hole TMB0007 returned 8.9 g/t gold over 8.9 metres and 5.9 g/t over 8.7 metres.
TMAC continues to test the Doris deposit, including the BTD extension with considerable success, to wit:
- Hole TM50058 returned 10.7 g/t gold over 2.0 metres;
- Hole TM5007 returned 33.8 g/t gold over 3.8 metres and 15.3 g/t over 2.3 metres;
- Hole TM50078 returned 77.0 g/t gold over 0.7 metres; and
- Hole M50085 returned 5.7 g/t gold over 21.2 metres.
The company continues with the Doris BTD underground development and has begun development on the upper levels of the BTD east limb.
Read more about TMAC’s plan to open up Canada’s next gold mining district at Hope Bay by going to www.TMACresources.com.