Mining was suspended at Kiena in June 2013. (Image: Wesdome Gold Mines)
QUEBEC – Wesdome Gold Mines of Toronto has circulated an interim mineral resource for its 100% owned Kiena mine complex in Val d’Or. The estimate is based on drilling completed to Oct. 12, 2018. Since then, the Deep A zone has been the target of drilling, but its resources are not yet included in the current estimate.
Kiena counts resources in the Kiena Deep, A, B, South, VC and S50 zones. The total measured and indicated resource for the complex is 3.1 million tonnes grading 5.81 g/t gold, containing 582,600 oz. The inferred resource is 4.1 million tonnes at 7.57 g/t, containing slightly more than 1.0 million oz. of gold. The grades were capped to between 20 and 90 g/t.
The Kiena Deep A zone is parallel to but not attached to the A zone, which is contained in the current resources. Wesdome has sets an exploration target for Deep A of 300,000 to 450,000 tonnes grading 8.0 to 11.0 g/t, containing 80,000 to 160,000 oz. of gold. With continuing and good drilling results, Deep A will eventually be included in the Kiena resource estimate. Five drills are currently turning in the zone.
Drilling results from the Kiena Deep A Zone since the resource estimate are high grade:
- Hole 6383: 28.0 g/t gold over 24.0 metres core length (14.1 g/t gold cut, 16.5 metre true width)
- Hole 6375: 82.4 g/t gold over 11.1 metres core length (17.8 g/t gold cut, 8.5 metres true width)
- Hole 6370: 120.6 g/t gold over 8.9 metres core length (44.6 g/t gold cut, 8.0 metres true width)
- Hole 6384: 26.4 g/t gold over 13.2 metres core length (17.8 g/t gold cut, 9.3 metres true width)
- Hole 6398: 19.2 g/t gold over 5.9 metres core length (9.2 g/t gold cut, 5.4 metres true width)
Again, all assays are cut to 90.0 g/t gold. True widths are estimated.
Visit www.Wesdome.com for more information.