SANDVIKEN, Sweden – SANDVIK has launched a new line of load-haul-dumpers (LHDs) to replace the popular Toro and EJC brands. At the same time, the company has given the models a host of reliability and durability updates plus better serviceability, safety and operator comfort than before. These design changes were made after the company consulted with its global customer roundtable.
Among the improvements that have been introduced along with the Sandvik name are:
– Onboard diagnostics and troubleshooting of the electric control system plus a new simplified user interface and interactive display, all aimed at reducing downtime.
– An advanced electrical system that features a wiring harness with more reliable and easier-to-service connectors.
– A redesigned operator cabin featuring easier access, improved visibility, air conditioning and lowered noise levels.
– Unified joint electric and hydraulic system throughout for easy maintenance.
– Improved cooling and higher ambient temperature capabilities for longer component life.
– A load-sensing hydraulic system that delivers power only where and when needed to reduce total wear on the system.
– A stronger bucket with a longer life than before.
– Safety engineering that includes ground level daily maintenance, three-point mounting and dismounting, fall protection and fire prevention.
The Sandvik LHD line is available in diesel, electric and low-profile versions and capacities from 1-25 tonnes. Visit www.MiningAndConstruction.sandvik.com or send an e-mail to product manager Olli Koivisto, olli.koivisto@Sandvik.com.