Metso is launching a new slurry seal to meet the increased sealing demands from its customers. Focus has been to offer a sealing solution that minimizes dilution of sealing water into product, eliminates leakage to atmosphere, increases life time of the seal by preventing slurry from entering the seal chamber and allows easy conversion from box packing solutions to mechanical seal solutions.
Metso’s new ESF design seals satisfy the demand for advanced and reliable sealing solutions on even the heaviest of slurry applications typically found in mining applications. Customers are requesting to install mechanical seals into tougher and tougher applications due to environmental reasons and to satisfy the goal of reducing water consumption. To satisfy these requirements it was necessary to develop new seals to perform to their expectations.
Slurry pumps designed for long life, easy installation and maintenance
Metso’s proven slurry pump ranges are known for their long life, high operational performance with minimum power consumption and total ease of service.
Main features and benefits of the mechanical slurry seal ESF:
· The ESF seal is designed to fit into the standard Orion Series pump flushed gland
housing. For the VASA HD a convenient seal adaptor is used
· Cartridge design makes it easy to install
· Retrofit installations are quick and easy when converting a packed seal pump. “Plug-
· Tungsten Carbide seal faces are standard and provides longer life for the tougher
· Flushed gland port along with the internal chamber creates a barrier of clean
continuously replenished fluid to prevent incursion of slurry material to the seal faces
which increases service life of the seal
· Centering clips are self storing and are used to keep the seal faces in position when
impeller to casing clearance is adjusted
· Radial lip seal to ensure that the seal runs in a clean water environment
· O-ring mounted seal faces that can be replaced in the field without special tools
reduces repair cost
Metso offers a complete line of slurry pump mechanical seals to satisfy most slurry and liquid hydro transport applications in a wide range of industries.
Metso is the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for equipment manufactured under the following brand names, and is the only supplier of parts with the original drawings and design details for: Metso, Svedala, Denver, Sala, Orion and Thomas slurry pumps.
Metso’s mining and construction professionals specialize in always bringing the right technology, processes, machinery and services to our customers in the aggregates production, construction, mining and minerals processing and in metal and waste recycling. Expect results.