Canadian Mining Journal

News

NEW POLL – Pros and cons of exploration vs. acquisition

This week's editorial reports on the large amount of M&A activity experienced last year by the world's mining indus...


This week’s editorial reports on the large amount of M&A activity experienced last year by the world’s mining industry. A company can grow quickly through buying operating mines, but some companies prefer to grow organically through exploration and discovery. Which way do you think leads to stability and prosperity, and why? We want to hear your opinion. Here is our new Hot Topic question: Is acquisition or exploration the better way to increase the size of a mining company?To give us your answer and comments, and to check the results, visit the Hot Topic box on our homepage or Click Here.

The poll question last week was: ‘Do activities such as Mining Week positively influence public opinion?’ Most voters (62%) said that these activities have a positive effect on public opinion, while 38% said they do not. It’s worth noting that only 78% of the voters said they actually work in the mining/minerals sector, and we can assume the other 22% are the “general public”. Among the “general public”, there was an even split between those who said Mining Week-type activities have a positive effect on public opinion, and those who said they do not. Thanks very much for sharing your opinions.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*