ONTARIO – Wallbridge Mining Company of Toronto is finding high grades at shallow depths as it drills the Parkin properties in Sudbury. The company says these near surface intersections point to a significant expansion of the thicker and higher grade mineralized core.
Here are some recent drilling highlights:
- Hole WMP-195 intersected 7.46 metres of 1.36 % Ni, 1.02 % Cu, and 1.59 g/t total precious metals (TPM) including 0.67 g/t Pt, 0.74 g/t Pd, and 0.18 g/t Au) from 58.60 to 66.06 metres down hole;
- Hole WMP-180 intersected 8.68 metres of 0.46 % Ni, 0.95 % Cu, and 2.54 g/t TPM including 1.07 g/t Pt, 0.81 g/t Pd, and 0.66 g/t Au) from 43.70 to 52.38 metres down hole;
- Hole WMP-182 intersected 7.70 metres of 0.86 % Ni, 0.98 % Cu, and 2.19 g/t TPM (including 0.85 g/t Pt, 1.06 g/t Pd, and 0.28 g/t Au) from 61.00 to 68.70 metres down hole;
- Hole WMP-176 intersected 1.61 metres of 0.90 % Ni, 8.02 % Cu, and 10.70 g/t TPM (including 5.55 g/t Pt, 3.09 g/t Pd, and 2.06 g/t Au) from 18.33 to 19.94 metres down hole; and
- Hole WMP-175 intersected 3.78 metres of 0.75 % Ni, 2.12 % Cu, and 2.79 g/t TPM (including 0.94 g/t Pt, 1.62 g/t Pd, and 0.23 g/t Au) from 9.62 to 13.40 metres down hole.
Wallbridge is exploring the Parkin properties for their high grade polymetallic nickel, copper, and platinum group metals (PGMs) potential. The property cover a 9.4 km strike length of the Parkin Offset Dyke. The property includes the past-producing Milnet mine, the high grade Milnet 1500 zone, and a historic near surface resource. The current program is focused in the area of the historic near surface resource with the objective of determining the viability of initial bulk sampling within the top 50 to100 metres from surface.
Another objective is to establish a significant resource from surface to 600 metres depth with an exploration target of 1.5 million to 5.0 million tonnes with typical Sudbury grades. Longer term the project has significant additional potential at depth and along the strike.
Maps and images of the Parkin Offset properties are available at www.WallbridgeMining.com.