Global legal practice Norton Rose Fulbright has been named Mining Law Firm of the Year in the 2013 Who’s Who Legal Awards, for a second consecutive year.
Who’s Who Legal is the official research partner of the International Bar Association. It names the leading lawyers in each field of law, based exclusively on the findings of an independent six-month research process that encompasses feedback from clients, private practitioners and other experts in the sector.
During the course of their research, more Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers were selected for inclusion in the mining category than any other legal practice.
Martin McCann, head of infrastructure, mining and commodities at Norton Rose Fulbright, commented: “Winning this award for the second year in a row is especially gratifying, particularly as these awards are based on the views of key players in the market.”
“Our international footprint continues to grow and this award is recognition for the strength of our practice in all the key mining hubs and our experience in advising on mining transactions in every major mining region in the world. Next year we hope to add our new mining team in the US to the list of world leaders, who have not only domestic experience but also depth in Latin America and Africa.”
Norton Rose Fulbright’s global mining team members ranked as world leaders by Who’s Who for 2013 include:
- James H Coleman QC, senior partner, Calgary
- Michael Dale, director, Johannesburg
- Elisabeth Eljuri, head of Latin America, Caracas
- Glenn Faass, managing partner, Bogata
- Crae Garrett, partner, Calgary
- Aydin S Jebrailov, partner, Moscow
- Raj Karia, partner, London
- Levon Kocharyan, partner, Moscow
- Yerzhan Kumarov, partner, Almaty
- Jorge A Neher, partner, Bogota
- Marvin Singer, senior partner, Toronto