Komatsu’s new WA480-8 boosts production, saves fuel, and is operator friendly.
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. – Komatsu America has introduced the new WA480-8 wheel loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified emissions regulations compliant engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines higher production with lower fuel costs, improved operator comfort and enhanced serviceability.
New operator friendly design features include the optional advanced joystick steering system, which eliminates the steering wheel, and with it, a major cause of operator fatigue. Also, the new “generous curves” bucket design fills and retains material better, making the machine nearly 8% more productive than the previous model.
Standard features of the WA480-8 include:
Under The Hood
- A powerful 299 hp, 11.04 L, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D125E-7 engine uses up to 20% less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor
- Nearly 20 years of leadership in emissions technology enabled Komatsu designers to create an engine that reduces nitrogen oxides (NOx) by more than 80%, from the Tier 3 model
- Komatsu diesel particulate filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life
- More than 95% of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation
- Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic, combined with the lockup torque converter that activates in second, third and fourth gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill-climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings
New In-Cab Enhancements and Features
- Advanced joystick steering system (AJSS) eliminates the steering wheel for improved forward visibility and operator comfort while allowing the machine to operate at full speed
- Integrated load meter system displays data directly to the machine’s main monitor and remotely via Komtrax. Load sub-total and cancel functions available via buttons integrated into the machine work levers. Load meter is only available on two-lever, two-valve machine configurations
- An optional printer allows operators to print bucket and truck weights based on load meter data
- Air suspension, high back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort, while cast frame structure increases strength
- Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with forward-neutral-reverse switch for operator ergonomics and convenience
- Latest version of pioneering Komtrax telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID
- Komatsu auto idle shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel
- Auxiliary jack and two 12-volt ports
- 175-mm, full color, high resolution monitor with Ecology Guidance
- Separate, full color, rear-view monitor comes standard
- New bucket design improves overall machine productivity. Generous curves on the side wall and wrap improve pile penetration, make it easy to fill, and improve material retention in carry operations
- New auto dig system controls bucket tilt and lifting by sensing pressure applied to the work equipment. System can reduce operator fatigue and optimize bucket load
- New swing-out rear door and standard auto-reversing fan allow easy access to wider fin space radiator for ease of cleaning
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items
- Full polymer, corrosion resistant rear fenders are standard
- Sight gauge at DEF fill cap to minimize overfilling. DEF fill cap has convenient magnetized holster to hold cap while filling
- Additional hinged panels on each side of machine for easy access to regeneration components
- Optional engine pan and oil heaters available for easier starting in colder conditions
- New battery disconnect switch includes lock out tag out capability with a lock or hasp
Visit the website at www.KomatsuAmerica.com to find a distributor near you.