- This event has passed.
The Aluminum Wire & Cable 2017
June 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am - June 13, 2017 @ 6:00 pmFree
This is the premier forum for the aluminum and wire and cable industries.
The Aluminum Wire & Cable 2017 exhibition & conference where aluminum suppliers, wire and cable manufacturers, and a multitude of end users will meet in Detroit to explore aluminum-based wire and cable solutions for use in a range of electrical applications. A global substitution away from copper to lower price aluminum is under way for the electrical equipment industry. Aluminum is set to replace 30 to 40% of copper used in wires and cables for industries such as automobiles and commercial appliances. As the makers of electrical components switch from copper to aluminum to help offset against rising costs, new challenges arise in equipment redesign and retooling existing manufacturing processes.
This conference will have a unique and timely emphasis on overcoming the challenges faced by manufacturers and the routes to making a successful transition.
This year’s Aluminum Wire & Cable 2017 conference is set to become the world’s leading exhibition and conference exclusively for aluminum suppliers and wire and cable manufacturers, to meet and collaborate with a large array of end users, and to examine low-cost aluminum alternatives and address the specific challenges associated with replacing copper for aluminum-based wire and cable solutions for use in electrical applications. For more: https://www.usa.aluminum-wire-cable.com//?join=EL
Key topics on this year’s agenda include:
• Aluminum vs. copper market supply and demand forecasts
• Exploring the commercial feasibility of switching to aluminum wire and cables
• Engineering and development activities for copper replacement initiatives
• New manufacturing processes and techniques to ensure reliable performance
• Upcoming regulations and industry standards for aluminum use in electrical applications
• End user manufacturer case studies and making a successful transition