- This event has passed.
Mineral Deposit Evaluation
January 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$3500
This course is designed to help build competencies in best practice mineral deposit evaluation.
The course is for professionals with a basic understanding of mineral resource estimation and linear geostatistics. Over the four days, participants will learn about:
- The mining project development cycle and studies that are carried out at different stages of the cycle (e.g. conceptual, pre-feasibility, and feasibility studies);
- The fundamental concepts of controls of mineralization and the different styles of mineralization;
- The importance of assay and geology field data quality and understanding of data through exploratory data analyses;
- Interpolation techniques, with focus on the kriging technique; and
- Resource classification and validation of resource estimation and reporting.
Participants will also learn about software tools used in resource estimation.
Participants are encouraged to bring their laptop computers loaded with their preferred software application.
This is a highly interactive course where participants are encouraged to learn through discussion, group tasks, and quizzes.
At the end of the course, participants will have learned the procedures and best practices used in resource estimation, classification, and reporting mineral resources as per international guidelines.
Who Should Attend?
Entry level to mid-career geologists, mining engineers, project managers from mineral exploration and mining projects, consultants, and anyone else that wants to understand mineral deposit evaluation.