Canadian Mining Journal

News

GOLD RESOURCES – New numbers for Pinson, Barrick backs in

NEVADA - PINSON MINING, a subsidiary of Toronto-based BARRICK GOLD, has agreed to spend US$30 million on further ex...


NEVADA – PINSON MINING, a subsidiary of Toronto-based BARRICK GOLD, has agreed to spend US$30 million on further exploration and development at the Pinson gold property to back-in to a 70% interest. The other 30% will be held by ATNA RESOURCES of Vancouver. The former Pinson gold mine was operated by Barrick until 2000 when it was closed.

Atna issued a press release noting Barrick’s renewed interest in Pinson and new resource numbers. The property is estimated to contain measured and indicated resources of 1.69 million tons averaging 0.421 opt Au. The contained ounces in these categories is 712,600 oz, compared with 467,000 oz in the February 2005 resource estimate. There is also an inferred resource of 3.89 million tons at 0.330 opt Au or 1.05 million contained ounces of gold.

The most recent drilling results are available in the news releases posted at www.Atna.com.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*