Atlas Copco’s first Swedish LHD available this year
Atlas Copco‘s first generation of load-haul-dumpers designed and built in Sweden, is scheduled to make its debut in 2006. The Scooptram ST14 aims to set new standards in safety, performance, operator comfort and reliability.
The ST14 has a 14-tonne load capacity and boasts the following features:
* a load-sensing hydraulic system for exceptional tractive effort;
* improved boom and bogie geometry for better bucket-filling performance;
* an ergonomically designed, air-suspended operator’s seat with controls in the arm rests;
* larger windows for better operator visibility;
* the proven Atlas Copco control system, which includes logging of vehicle data, simplified troubleshooting, on-screen display of engine and transverter diagnostics, and clear text messages, not just codes in engine and transmission logs;
* two-thirds fewer electrical connection points for easier troubleshooting;
* ready for radio remote control and automation systems.
Atlas Copco Construction & Mining Canada moved its Canadian sales and service office from Montreal to Sudbury in 2000, and currently employs 225 people in the Sudbury operation. More information can be found on the web at www.atlascopco.com.