Canadian Mining Journal

News

GOLD: Update on Iamgold’s Cote drill program


The feasibility study is positive for the Cote gold project, halfway between Timmins and Sudbury. (Image: Iamgold Corp.)

ONTARIO – Toronto-based Iamgold Corp. has released the assay results from its 2019 diamond drilling program at the Gosselin zone, part of the Cote gold joint venture about halfway between Timmins and Sudbury. Iamgold holds 70% of the project and Sumitomo Metal Mining the remaining 30%.

News of the Gosselin zone discovery was published in March 2019. The 2019 program included 14 NQ sized holes, 13 of which were drilled from the ice of Three Ducks Lake, and the other one was land-based.

Here are the highlights of the program, notable for the length of mineralization that was drilled:

  • Hole GOS19-17: 342.5 metres at 0.98 g/t gold, including 225.0 metres at 1.34 g/t, including 1.05 metres at 110.0 g/t;
  • Hole GOS19-20: 134.0 metres grading 1.10 g/t gold, including 35.5 metres at 1.92 g/t;
  • Hole GOS19-23: 248.3 metres grading 1.33 g/t gold, including 1.0 metre at 168.0 g/t;
  • Hole GOS19-24: 412.0 metres grading 1.28 g/t gold, including 221.4 metres at 1.47 g/t, including 1.06 metre at 95.0 g/t; and
  • Hole GOS19-27: 245.0 metres grading 0.85 g/t gold, including 1.0 metre at 31.8 g/t.

Senior VP Craig MacDougall said Iamgold is very encouraged by the long intersects. The extension of the Gosselin zone near surface and along strike to the southwest towards the Young-Shannon zone has been confirmed.

Iamgold says the drill results and the results of this summer’s mapping and channel sampling will be used to create a preliminary geologic model for the Gosselin and  Young-Shannon zones. This information will help select future drilling targets for an eventual maiden resource estimate for both zones.

The Cote project already has 90.2 million tonnes of proven and probable reserves grading 1.0 g/t gold and containing about 3.0 million oz. The reserves are included in 171.9 million measured tonnes at 1.0 g/t gold and 183.5 million indicated tonnes at 0.8 g/t, together containing almost 10.0 million oz. of gold. The inferred resource is 112.8 million tonnes at 0.7 g/t gold for 2.4 million oz.

Find more information at www.Iamgold.com.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*