HOT TOPIC: Does mineral education belong in one place?

The topic of where to educate Ontario's next generation of mining and minerals professionals is timely given the ex...

The topic of where to educate Ontario's next generation of mining and minerals professionals is timely given the expected shortfall in the numbers of new skilled workers entering the industry. One way to achieve critical mass in professional education might be to consolidate it at a single university, as suggested by contributor Stan Sudol (see above).

 

The topic is controversial, but we are asking CMJ Net News readers to weigh in with their answers to this question: Should the education of mineral industry professionals be consolidated in one location or not?

 

To vote please go to www.CanadianMiningJournal.com and vote by clicking on the Hot Topic box on the right. And take a minute to add your reasons by submitting a comment.

 

Last week: Previously we asked readers what they thought of the US$12.4 billion Teck Cominco paid to acquire all of Fording Coal. Forty-four of you responded and 82% thought the price was too high in light the current economic climate. The remaining 18% thought the price was reasonable.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *