has announced the resignation of Randy Smallwood from its board of directors; he is joining the company’s advisory board and will remain on its technical committee.
Energy metals explorer Forum Energy Metals
appointed Paul Dennison to its board following the resignation of Howard Haugom. Dennison has over 35 years of experience in executive level roles with investment banks.
High Power Exploration
announced the appointment of Mamady Youla as the CEO of its subsidiary company, Société des Mines de Fer de Guinée, which holds the concession for the Nimba iron ore project in Guinea. Youla is the former CEO of Guinea Alumina Corporation and a former Guinean prime minister.
announced that Christopher Aiello, a director of the company, has passed away.
announced the resignation of David Huffer, its CFO.
Precious metals explorer Sable Resources
announced the appointment of Richard Godfrey as its CFO. Godfrey has been involved with the mining industry for the past 30 years and was the company’s CFO between November 2017 and September 2018. Andrew Malashewsky has stepped down as CFO but will continue as a consultant.
[caption id="attachment_1003732448" align="alignleft" width="220"] Tony Makuch Credit: KLG
announced that Kirkland Lake Gold
’s CEO, Tony Makuch, has joined its board. Following the closing of a November private placement, Kirkland Lake is now a 9.9% shareholder of the company. Makuch is an engineer with over 35 years of experience in the mining industry.
The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
has announced its 2020 award recipients:
- Rudolph Wahl as recipient of the Bill Dennis Award for his prospecting work;
- Lynda Bloom as recipient of the Distinguished Service Award for leadership in the junior mining sector;
- Hans Matthews as recipient of the Skookum Jim Award for contributions to the exploration and mining sectors through the Canada Aboriginal Minerals Association;
- Agnico Eagle Mines’ Nunavut Community Relations, Education and People Development Team as recipient of the Sustainability Award for developing a strong Inuit workforce;
- Firuz Alizade and the Lidya-Hod Maden exploration team as recipients of the Thayer Lindsley Award for the 2015 discovery of the Hod Maden gold-copper deposit in Turkey; and
- The Touquoy/Moose River Mine development team as recipients of the Viola R. MacMillan Award for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating gold deposits in Nova Scotia.