Canadian Mining Journal

News

DIAMOND EXPLORATION – Stornoway boosts Aviat interest to 90%

NUNAVUT - STORNOWAY DIAMOND CORP. of Vancouver has bought out BHP BILLITON's 14% interest in the Aviat diamond proj...


NUNAVUT – STORNOWAY DIAMOND CORP. of Vancouver has bought out BHP BILLITON’s 14% interest in the Aviat diamond project on Melville Peninsula. That brings Stornoway’s interest to 90%, and HUNTER EXPLORATION GROUP holds the remaining 10%. Stornoway also acquired Hunter’s right to market 10% of the diamonds from BHP Billiton, bringing Stornoway’s diamond marketing share to 100%.

A 2.0-tonne sample from the AV8 Upper kimberlite recently assayed 82 carats per hundred tonnes (cpht) after treatment in the dense media plant.

A $3.05-million sampling program is underway this year. The main targets of activity are the recently discovered AV9 kimberlite pipe and the AV267 sheet where bulk sampling is planned.

Additional information about the program is available at www.StornowayDiamonds.com.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*