Canadian Mining Journal

News

Puma Exploration beats staking rush in New Brunswick



Puma Exploration (TSXV: PUM) has been active in the Bathurst Mining Camp of northern New Brunswick for more than a decade, but stepped up its involvement last year with agreements to acquire 100% of the Murray Brook project, 60 km west of  the city of Bathurst.

The junior inked deals in October 2016 to acquire Votorantim Metals Canada’s 67.9% stake in the project and the remaining 32.1% held by El Nino Ventures (TSXV: ELN) for a total consideration of about $9 million.

The volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit is just 4 km from Trevali Mining Corp.’s (TSX: TV; US-OTC: TREVF) Caribou mine, which produces zinc and lead-silver concentrates, and 7.5 km from the past-producing lead-zinc-silver Restigouche mine.

Between 1989 and 1992, Murray Brook’s previous owner, NovaGold (TSX: NG; NYSE: NG), mined 2.7 million tonnes of the gold-enriched gossan cap overlying the sulphide deposit, recovering 45,000 ounces of gold and 315,000 ounces of silver.

Continue reading at The Northern Miner.


Print this page

Related Posts



Have your say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*