Canadian Mining Journal


Copper


  • News

    Kutcho Copper a New Player in Northern BC

    January 4, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    Vancouver-based development company Kutcho Copper Corp. (TSX Venture: KC) is closing out 2017 on a high note and looking ahead to a busy year at its Kutcho high grade copper-zinc project in northern British Columbia. In mid-December, the company changed its name

  • News

    VIRTUAL REALITY: Worksite VR training at Oyu Tolgoi mine

    January 2, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    AUSTRALIA – Immersive Technologies developed a series of WorksiteVR Quest virtual reality scenarios designed to facilitate a blended learning model in conjunction with eLearning and practical activities. Mine site inductions are necessary however often dry, boring, and forgettable. Mining operations are now

  • News

    EQUIPMENT: Finning secures contract for Lundin’s Candelaria

    December 21, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    CHILE –  Finning International of Vancouver announced last week that its South American operation has been awarded a multi-year mining contract by Lundin Mining Corp. to deliver new equipment and product support to the Candelaria copper mining complex in the

  • COMMENT: First Quantum sniffing around Pebble project

    December 18, 2017 by Marilyn Scales

    No one doubts that the Pebble copper-gold deposit in Alaska is one of the largest undeveloped mineral resources in the world. It contains a measured and indicated resource of 6.44 billion tonnes grading 0.40% copper and 0.34 g/t gold using

  • COPPER-GOLD: KGHM’s Ajax mine fails to gain environmental nod

    December 18, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – The provincial government has refused to issue an environmental certificate for the proposed Ajax copper-gold mine near Kamloops. The operator and 80% owner is Polish miner KGHM Polska Miedz, and the remaining 20% of the joint venture

  • News

    ZINC-LEAD-COPPER: Trevali drills significant new massive sulphide zone at Caribou mine

    December 12, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NEW BRUNSWICK – Vancouver-based Trevali Mining Corp. has drilled a major zone of massive sulphide mineralization at its Caribou zinc mine in the Bathurst Mining Camp. The new zone is about 350 metres from the currently defined deposit and is

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront drills solid grades at McFaulds No.8

    December 11, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Noront Resources of Toronto has drilled good grades and lengths at the recently discovered McFaulds No.8 volcanic massive sulphide occurrence in the Ring of Fire, near James Bay. A single, 566-metre hole (MCF-17-89) was drilled up-dip from the

  • News

    GOLD-COPPER: AuRico calls 2017 Kemess East drilling a success

    December 11, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Toronto-based AuRico Metals says the 2017 drill program at its Kemess East deposit was a success. Holes tested the northern and southern limits of the Kemess East deposit 430 km northwest of Prince George and 1 km

  • News

    NICKEL-COPPER: Garibaldi drills 7.3% Ni and 3.3% Cu over 9.9 metres at Nickel Mountain

    December 6, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Vancouver-based Garibaldi Resources has cut high grade nickel-copper grades at its Nickel Mountain project near Eskay Creek. This is the first massive magmatic sulphide system found in the Eskay mining camp. Drill hole EL-17-09 east of the historic E&L

  • News

    COPPER-GOLD: Indonesian government to pick up Rio’s share of Grasberg

    December 6, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    INDONESIA – If the Indonesian government wants 51% of your mine, what can you do? Freeport McMoRan of Phoenix, Ariz., has caved to the demand and agreed to divest its interest in one of the world’s richest copper-gold mines in

  • Copper, nickel outlooks dominate LME Week

    December 6, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    VANCOUVER — The annual gathering of London Metal Exchange (LME) Week provides a bellwether for the major trends in base metals and industrial mineral markets over the coming year. Metals investors, producers and consumers descended on London in early November

  • News

    MILLING: GE to supply harmonic filter for Southern Copper mill expansion

    December 5, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    PERU – GE Power was chosen by Southern Copper Corp. (SCC) to provide the harmonic filter for its Toquepala concentrator located in southern Tacna. The filter will be integrated into the copper concentrator’s power system to improve the power quality.