Canadian Mining Journal


Zinc and Lead


  • News

    Foran Mining advances McIlvenna Bay in Saskatchewan

    November 5, 2019 by Magda Gardner

    Foran Mining (TSXV: FOM) is on track to complete a feasibility study before the end of the year on its flagship McIlvenna Bay volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit in Saskatchewan. The deposit – situated on the western edge of the Flin Flon

  • News

    SILVER-COPPER: Pan American hits high grade at La Colorada

    October 31, 2019 by Northern Miner Staff

    MEXICO – A 14,300-metre drill program completed during the third quarter at the La Colorada skarn discovery has returned high grade intercepts for Pan American Silver. Drill highlights include 379 metres grading 54 g/t silver, 0.5% copper, 1.96% lead and 3.73%

  • News

    ZINC-LEAD: Osisko Metals cuts 11 Zn+Pb over 6.4 metres at Pine Point

    October 22, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Montreal-based Osisko Metals continues to drill at its Pine Point zinc-lead project 65 km east of Hay River. Twenty-six holes were drilled in the L-37 and N-38 areas of the East Mill zone. Hole L37-19-PP-001 intersected 8.68%

  • News

    BASE METALS: ALX Uranium exploring for base metals at Draco

    October 22, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    NORWAY – ALX Uranium announced that it acquired mineral claims prospective for copper-zinc-gold-silver mineralization at its 100%-owned Draco project located in the Grong mining district of central Norway. In a media statement, ALX said that it staked 10 claims totaling

  • SILVER: US silver mine presented as example of environmental leadership

    October 21, 2019 by MINING.COM Staff

    IDAHO – Hecla Mining’s Lucky Friday mine has been showcased by the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality as an example of environmental leadership for its efforts creating water treatment facilities that reduce the concentration of lead and zinc in the

  • News

    ZINC-COPPER: Nyrstar puts Langlois mine on care and maintenance

    October 15, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    QUEBEC – Swiss mining company Nyrstar is putting its Langlois zinc-copper mine 50 km northeast of Lebel-sur-Quevillon on care and maintenance. Production will conclude before the end of this year. The company said that rock conditions at the mine have

  • ZINC-LEAD: Osisko Metals signs agreements with Indigenous communities

    September 30, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NORTHWEST TERRITORIES – Montreal-based Osisko Metals has signed two separate co-operation agreements that cover its Pine Point zinc-lead project 65 km east of Hay River. The company, the Deninu Kue First Nation, and the Northwest Territory Metis Nation have agreed

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront updates drilling at McFaulds No.8 VMS discovery

    September 16, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Toronto-based Noront Resources has updated its phase two summer exploration program at the McFaulds volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit in the Ring of Fire. The project is 85% owned and operated by Noront, and the remaining 15% belongs to

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Laurion enjoys high grades of first assays from CRK veins at Ishkoday

    September 12, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Laurion Mineral Exploration of Toronto has released the first assays from the CRK sulphide veins at Ishkoday. The project is wholly owned and located 220 km northeast of Thunder Bay. The company stripped selected outcrops and performed channel

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Kutcho tests recover 92% Cu and 84% Zn from BC project

    September 11, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    BRITISH COLUMBIA – Ongoing metallurgical tests of samples from the Kutcho copper-zinc project 100 km east of Dease Lake delivered better results than in an earlier pre-feasibility study for Kutcho Copper Corp. of Vancouver. The recent locked cycle tests on

  • News

    ZINC: Cardiac Creek returns high grades for ZincX

    September 11, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    British Columbia – Following up on a positive preliminary economic assessment (PEA) completed last year, ZincX Resources has released more high-grade drill results from exploration at its Cardiac Creek zinc-lead-silver project in northwestern B.C. The company, which until last May

  • News

    ZINC-LEAD: Osisko updates exploration in New Brunswick

    September 4, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    NEW BRUNSWICK – Montreal-based Osisko Metals has published updated information about its exploration programs at its properties in this province. The first priority is the Key Anacon property, followed by the Brunswick Belt property. At the Key Anacon property, 19