Get the Komatsu WA480-8 loader with a long list of standard features that boost productivity and reduce operator fatigue at SMS Equipment.
ACHESON, Alta.. – SMS Equipment, one of the world’s largest Komatsu dealers now sells and supports the newest Tier 4 Final WA480-8 Komatsu wheel loader made by Komatsu America Corp. The WA480-8 features higher production, lower fuel costs, improved operator comfort and enhanced serviceability. It is almost 8% more productive than the previous model featuring a new bucket design with curves on the side wall to improve pile penetration and material retention.
Standard features under the hood of the WA480-8 include:
- A powerful 223 kW, 11.04 L, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D125E-7 engine uses up to 20% less fuel than its Tier 3 predecessor.
- Nearly 20 years of leadership in emissions technology enabled Komatsu designers to create an engine that reduces nitrogen oxides (NOx) by more than 80%, from the Tier 3 model.
- Komatsu diesel particulate filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- More than 95% of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Komatsu’s SmartLoader Logic, combined with the lock-up torque converter that activates in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings
New in-cab enhancements and features include:
- Advanced joystick steering system (AJSS) eliminates the steering wheel for improved forward visibility and operator comfort while allowing the machine to operate at full speed.
- Integrated load meter system displays data directly to the machine’s main monitor and remotely via Komtrax. Load sub-total and cancel functions available via buttons integrated into the machine work levers. Load meter is only available on two-lever, two-valve machine configurations.
- An optional printer allows operators to print bucket and truck weights based on load meter data.
- Air suspension, high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort, while cast frame structure increases strength.
- Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with forward-neutral-reverse switch for operator ergonomics and convenience.
- Latest version of pioneering Komtrax telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and diesel exhaust fluid level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu auto idle shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Auxiliary jack and two 12-V ports.
- Full colour, 175-mm, high resolution monitor with Ecology Guidance.
- New bucket design improves Separate, full colour, rear-view monitor comes standard.
And there are even more additional features and benefits:
- For overall machine productivity, the bucket has generous curves on the side wall and wrap improve pile penetration, make it easy to fill, and improve material retention in carry operations
- New auto dig system controls bucket tilt and lifting by sensing pressure applied to the work equipment. System can reduce operator fatigue and optimize bucket load.
- New swing-out rear door and standard auto-reversing fan allow easy access to wider fin space radiator for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full polymer, corrosion resistant rear fenders are standard.
- Sight gauge at DEF fill cap to minimize overfilling. DEF fill cap has convenient magnetized holster to hold cap while filling.
- Additional hinged panels on each side of machine make access easy to regeneration components.
- Optional engine pan and oil heaters available for easier starting in colder conditions.
- New battery disconnect switch includes lock out tag out capability with a lock or hasp.
SMS Equipment partners with world renowned brands including Komatsu, providing equipment sales and services to the mining, construction, forestry and utility industries through its network of over 35 branches across Canada, Alaska and Mongolia.
For more information, visit www.SMSequip.com.