The 2018 PDAC awards.
TORONTO – The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada has opened nominations for outstanding people to receive awards at the 2019 conference to be held in Toronto in March 2019. Winners will be acknowledged at the Awards Gala.
If our readers know someone worthy of any of the following awards, please speak up:
- Bill Dennis Award (Canadian): This award honours individuals who have made a significant Canadian mineral discovery, or have made an important contribution to the prospecting or exploration industry.
- Environmental & Social Responsibility Award (Canadian or international): Recognizing an individual or organization that demonstrates outstanding initiative, leadership and accomplishment in protecting and preserving the natural environment during an exploration program or operation of a mine.
- Skookum Jim Award (Canadian): Recipients of this award have demonstrated exceptional achievement in a Canadian Aboriginal-run service business for the mining industry, or a Canadian-Aboriginal exploration or mining company, or have made a significant contribution to the industry.
- Thayer Lindsley Award (Canadian or international):This award recognizes an individual or a team of explorationists credited with a recent significant mineral discovery anywhere in the world.
- Viola R. MacMillan Award (Canadian or international):This award is given to an individual or organization demonstrating leadership in management and financing for the exploration and development of mineral resources anywhere in the world.
The PDAC accepts nominations by online submission. A letter of nomination and a minimum of three support letters are required for all nominations. Read the selection criteria to learn more.