ONTARIO – Detour Gold Corp
. of Toronto continues to share results from its summer 2015 drilling program at the Lower Detour target about 6 km south of its flagship Detour Lake gold mine in northern Ontario. The program included 30,000 metres at a spacing of 50 metres.
Results from the first 34 holes demonstrated continuity of the mineralization with visible gold in 29 of the holes.
Significant uncut gold assay results include the following:
- 6.46 g/t over 22.4 metres (DLD-15-140)
- 5.07 g/t over 30.5 metres (DLD-15-142)
- 7.53 g/t over 19 metres, including 19.36 g/t over 5.0 metres (DLD-15-146)
- 3.71 g/t over 26 metres, including 9.63 g/t over 7.0 metres (DLD-15-151)
- 14.72 g/t over 13.5 metres, including 32.05 g/t over 6.0 metres (DLD-15-157)
- 9.68 g/t over 11.3 metres, including 24.92 g/t over 4.2 metres (DLD-15-165A)
- 9.45 g/t over 14.9 metres, including 17.20 g/t over 7.0 metres (DLD-15-166)
- 3.88 g/t over 23.7 metres, including 7.55 g/t over 11.0 metres (DLD-15-149)
Detour gold says that gold mineralization has been intersected over an east-west strike length of 450 metres, from surface to a depth of 550 metres. The mineralized system remains open at depth and down plunge to the east.
Details of the summer 2015 drilling program can be found in the Oct. 20, 2015, news release posted at DetourGold.com