Several weeks ago, we asked our readers to predict whether the price of gold would stay above US$1,000 an ounce or fall back by the end of this year. There seems to be little doubt that it will remain above the mystic threshold.
The question then becomes: How high will the price go by the end of the year?
To make an educated guess, go to the CMJ website, www.CanadianMiningJournal.com, and click on the Hot Topic box on the right hand side of the page.
Please send your comments and reasoning behind your answer to the Net News editor, Marilyn Scales, [email protected].
Last week: Our readers were almost evenly divided on whether or not diamonds from Zimbabwe should be shunned under the Kimberley Process. Yes, said 52% of the respondents. The remaining 48% indicated that helping the country comply with the Process is the better way to go.