EDMONTON, AB – Iberian Minerals
said on Thursday that its 100% wholly owned subsidiary, Mineworx Technologies
has filed for patents on its proprietary HM X-Mill grinding technologies.
The patent pending HM X-Mill is a transformation in grinding technologies and is based on Mineworx's proprietary, high velocity, horizontal rotary milling design. It significantly reduces the operational footprint, energy consumption, operational costs and capital costs of fine grinding. It is also portable. The HM X-Mill is particularly suitable for the fine grinding of ores and regrinding of concentrates and tailings. It produces a consistent particle size with 100% of the ground material passing 100 mesh (150 μm).
The HM X-Mill uses no grinding media which reduces operational costs and avoids contamination related performance issues. Instead, it uses a dry grinding environment whereby the ground product is air separated by cyclones and specialized screening medium prior to discharge into a proprietary automated slurry system. This provides a consistent particle or grain size and programmable slurry density for downstream processes.
The advantages of the HM X-Mill include:
- Lower capital costs– The small size and unique design of the HM X-Mill reduces its construction and installation costs relative to conventional mills. It is container based, eliminating the need for costly foundations and support infrastructure,
- Lower operating costs– The energy efficiency of the HM X-Mill's low horsepower requirement give it a low operating cost for its grinding duty.
- Energy efficiency– The grinding method used in the HM X-Mill is more energy efficient than conventional ball mills, rod mills or high pressure grinding rolls,
- Portability and ease of installation– The HM X-Mill is container based and portable in nature allowing access to remote installations and fast on-site set up. This is a key consideration for short term installations for the processing of smaller deposits or stockpiled ores.
- Ease of maintenance– The design of the HM X-Mill makes all parts easy to access for ease of maintenance. High-wear parts are easily replaced. A team of two people can complete a rotor wear plate change within 4 hours,
- Turnkey installation– The HM X-Mill is designed to be a component of the complete, modular turn-key portable milling circuit under design by Mineworx. This circuit includes, crushing, grinding, sizing, gravity separation, flotation, concentration, clarification, water recycling, power generation and operational service and support modules.
For further information,
go to www.IberianMinerals.ca