URANIUM: Denison installs two Phoenix ISR wells at Wheeler River

SASKATCHEWAN – Denison Mines Corp. of Toronto has installed two ISR wells at the Phoenix uranium deposit at the Wheeler River property […]
Plan view of the Phoenix zone A with the ISR test sites indicated. (Image: Denison Mines)
[caption id="attachment_1003731478" align="aligncenter" width="423"] Plan view of the Phoenix zone A with the ISR test sites indicated. (Image: Denison Mines)[/caption] SASKATCHEWAN – Denison Mines Corp. of Toronto has installed two ISR wells at the Phoenix uranium deposit at the Wheeler River property near the southeast part of the Athabasca Basin. Denison holds a 90% interest in the project, and JCU (Canada) Exploration Co. holds the remaining 10%. In announcing the news, Denison noted that these are the first two commercial scale wells (CSW) at the Phoenix deposit. Each well is approximately 30 cm in diameter. The equipment has been installed in test areas one and two. More details about the design of the CSWs can be found in the company’s news release dated Sept. 19, 2019. The MaxPERF drilling tool was used to install CSW1. It successfully completed 28 lateral drill holes (penetration tunnels) with approximate lengths of 1.8 metres and a diameter of 1.8 cm. The tunnels reach a variety of ore types in the deposit, including high and low uranium grades, clay content and rock competence. The Wheeler River project has inferred resources of 9,000 tonnes grading 5.8% uranium oxide for 1.1 million contained lb. in the Phoenix deposit. The Gryphon deposit is larger with 73,000 tonnes at 1.2% U3O8 and containing 3.0 million lb. Please visit www.DenisonMines.com for additional details.

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Jan 31 2022 - Feb 03 2022
Feb 06 2022 - Feb 08 2022
Mar 14 2022 - Mar 15 2022