Canadian Mining Journal


Noront Resources Ltd


  • News

    MINING PEOPLE: Azimut, Eastmain, Endeavour Mining, G2 Goldfields, Noront, RNC Minerals

    March 5, 2020 by Canadian Mining Journal

    Donald McInnes has resigned from the board of Aurelius Minerals with Gilles Arseneau appointed a director of the company. David de Jongh Weill, Axmin’s CFO and a director of the company, has resigned. Glenn Mullan has been appointed as a

  • News

    RING OF FIRE: Ontario to move ahead with north-south road

    March 5, 2020 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Greg Rickford, minister of Northern Development and Mines and Indigenous Affairs were at the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada convention this week to announce a new agreement with two First Nations in

  • News

    CHROMITE: Noront chooses Algoma Steel, Hatch for Ring of Fire projects

    September 23, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Noront Resources of Toronto has selected Hatch Ltd. and Algoma Steel to facilitate development of mines in the Ring of Fire and the associated infrastructure. In making the announcement Noront president and CEO Alan Coutts called this a

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront updates drilling at McFaulds No.8 VMS discovery

    September 16, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Toronto-based Noront Resources has updated its phase two summer exploration program at the McFaulds volcanogenic massive sulphide deposit in the Ring of Fire. The project is 85% owned and operated by Noront, and the remaining 15% belongs to

  • Ontario to work with First Nations to unlock Ring of Fire

    September 16, 2019 by Jean Lian

    Ontario is one step closer to making the Ring of Fire a reality. Rick Gregford, Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, and Minister of Indigenous Affairs, announced in August that the province would work directly with First Nation communities

  • News

    FERROCHROME: Noront chooses Sault Ste. Marie for site of production facility

    May 7, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Noront Resources of Toronto has chosen the Algoma Steel site in Sault Ste. Marie for its ferrochrome production facility. Four communities – Timmins, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, as well as the Sault – were considered beginning in February 2018.

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront updates progress at McFaulds No.8 VMS discovery

    April 23, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Toronto-based Noront Resources, 85% owner of the McFaulds volcanogenic massive sulphide property in the Ring of Fire has completed a 2,059-metre copper-zinc focused program at the No.8 deposit. (KWG Resources holds the other 15% of the project.) Hole

  • News

    INFRASTRUCTURE: Coalition calls for east-west road to Ring of Fire

    March 6, 2019 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – The best way to gain access to the mineral potential of the Ring of Fire is to build an all-season, east-west road. That is the opinion of the newly created East-West Ring of Fire Road Coalition (EWRFC). The

  • Making Inroads on the Ring of Fire?

    February 1, 2019 by David Godkin

    Road to rich resources will pave way for development

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront updates McFaulds No.8 VMS find

    October 3, 2018 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Noront Resources of Toronto has updated the summer exploration program at its 85%-owned McFaulds Lake volcanogenic massive sulphide property in the Ring of Fire. (KWG Resources owns 15%.) The six-hole, 3,033-metre drilling program focused on copper-zinc targets. Drilling

  • News

    COPPER-ZINC: Noront drills solid grades at McFaulds No.8

    December 11, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    ONTARIO – Noront Resources of Toronto has drilled good grades and lengths at the recently discovered McFaulds No.8 volcanic massive sulphide occurrence in the Ring of Fire, near James Bay. A single, 566-metre hole (MCF-17-89) was drilled up-dip from the

  • RING OF FIRE: Province to fund road proposals led by First Nations

    August 21, 2017 by Canadian Mining Journal

    TORONTO – Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynn and the chiefs of Marten Falls, Webequie and Nibiminik First Nations jointly announced that the province will commit to funding two First Nations road proposals that will provide necessary infrastructure for mining development in